Banana Bread Muffins: low fat, low sugar, no guilt!!!
No-no, I haven’t forgotten to post, but I am on a bit of a hold regarding cooking crazy goodness… Why? Well, have you notice the countdown in the upper right corner of this page? 14 days to go toFrance, that’s right!!!
It’s not that I haven’t been cooking because of being so busy, even if I have been, but more because I am on a pre-vacation diet. No laughing here! You obviously never spent 3 weeks at my parents place! In case you haven’t read my About page (in that case, BOOOO, shame on you! just kidding…), my dad is a chef, they leave in the Champagneregion… No, still not getting it? That means that after nearly 2 years of Canadian food (not that there anything wrong with that) I am going to be on a total food and alcohol binge for 3 weeks non stop!!! Why lying to myself, it’s true, I know already that I will come back home after this trip, with 10 pounds more in my suitcase and in my derriere!!!
So, I am not really on a diet, it’s just not me… But just watching what I eat for a while. Doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy right? You can totally indulge free of guilt with those amazing low-fat and low-sugar banana bread muffins. They are truly moist and tasty, with only 1 tbsp of butter per batch!!!! The secret is in the apple sauce! You can change this recipe so many ways! I went with whole wheat flour, and replace the white sugar with Stevia. That’s if you really want a low calorie version. And it did turn out amazing! But if you are not watching your calorie count, do half brown half white sugar, whatever flour you feel like, and go with some add-ons, like: carrots, nuts, raisin and even chocolate chip! They still will be low-fat! Plus the kids love it, and I never feel bad giving it to them! Enjoy!
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated Stevia sweetener
- 1 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 eggs
- 4 tablespoons applesauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat egg, sugar, Stevia, butter, vanilla together. When sugar has dissolved, add apple sauce and mashed bananas. Beat more.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the remaining dry ingredients together: white flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add this mixture to the banana mixture and stir slowly until all blended.
- Pour in slightly greased muffin pan, filling only 2/3 of the mould. Do not use paper cup!
- Bake for 25 min, or until or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.