This side dish is the perfect addition to your BBQ feast; refresing, healthy and zesty, everyone will enjoy a scoop of it, really, everyone! It answers to pretty much all kinds of diet: vegan, dairy free, gluten free… and more, but none the less, amazingly tasty!
Very easy to prepare, but must be done in advance!
Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Ingredients: for a dozen guests, as a side dish
- 1 & 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 & 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1 orange pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 3 or 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 t Tabasco
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- The day before, or morning of, cook your quinoa in the water; on high until it starts boiling, then 10 min on low, covered. If water is left after that, remove all excess with a strainer. Do not over cook, the quinoa will absorb other liquids later!
- Let the quinoa cool to room temperature, then add lemon and oil. Refrigerate overnight, or until completely cold.
- Once cold, add to the quinoa all the remaining ingredients. season to taste. Refrigerate again for at least another 2 hours before serving.
- Serve really cold, as a side dish. Best done the day before, so all the flavors marinate together. Your vegetables won’t get soft until the 2nd or 3rd day.
Find the easy to share, print and e-mail recipe on my Recipage.
You may also like:
Too Much Time On My Hand, Tatertots & Jello, I Heart Nap Time, Nap Time Creations, Mandy’s Recipe Box, I’m Topsy Turvy, Chef in Training, Reasons to Skip the Housework, Funky Polkadot Giraffe, Sugar Bee Crafts, Hope Studios, Not just a housewife, 33 Shades of Green, Sumo’s Sweet Stuff, Love Bake Good Cakes, DJ Sugar Shack, This Chick Cooks
Post publishing updates:
September 6th: This recipe was featured on the top 6 savory recipes of Whatcha’ Whipped Up, from the delicious blog: DJ”s Sugar Shack! Thank you so much!!!