Chocolate Chip Cookies
Alright, I’ve come to my senses, no need to fight the facts anymore, fall is here… After our first really fall like day yesterday, when he finally rained for the 1st time in like 2 months, that was it! Then we came back at home at 7:30 pm, it was pitch black! Hurrr… I understand why people like the fall so much, whether it’s for the fashion, the fresh air, the beautiful changing colors, Halloween, Thanksgiving… but no, I can’t.
But I have good remedies to beat the blues! Amazing cookies!!! That always make me feel better, not you? Of course there are 10,000 chocolate chip cookies recipe out there, but this my personal best. After research and trials, I have changed it multiple time to achieve the best, my personal best! Chewy, but not crumby, sweet but not too much, slightly cakey and just the right amount of chocolate. No adds on, like nuts, oats and so on, just classic.
What can I say, you just going to have to try it to find out!!!
Ingredients (12 large cookies)
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of AP flour
- 3/4 cup of pastry flour
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 pound semi-sweet chocolate chips
- With a paddle attachment, cream the butter with the 2 sugars until fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat more until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the dry ingredients: the 2 flours, salt, baking soda and powder. Whisk a bit to blend.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients stirring slowly until well blended. Then add the chocolate chips and blend with a spoon.
- On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, place balls of dough, spacing them as much as possible, those cookies will expend! Even for 12 cookies, I use 2 sheets.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180F for about 15 min, until the edges are golden brown.
- Let cool completely before lifting of the sheets. Enjoy with cold milk!
For the easy to share, print and email recipe, visit my Recipage.
You may also like:
Shared on those parties:
Addicted to Recipes, I Heart Nap Time, Crumbs & Chaos, Tutus & Tea Parties, The Foley Fam, Too Much Time On My Hand, Craft O Maniac, Sumo’s Sweet Stuff, Flour me With Love, Love Bake Good Cakes, Nap Time Creations, Mandy’s Recipe Box, Chef in Training, Funky Polkadot Giraffe, Crazy for Crust, Lil’Luna, DJ Sugar Shack, Lady Behind the Curtain, A Little Nosh, Something Swanky, Michelle’s Tasty Creations, Five Little Chefs, What’s Cooking Love, The Real Housewives of Riverton